I don’t know about you ladies, but I love being festive – especially around Christmas time! It’s always great to tie in a little bit of seasonal fun with everyday, run-of-the-mill things. So why not spice up your regular manicure with a little bit of holiday cheer?
I know that everybody isn’t a nail artist. It really grinds my gears whenever I see blogs post nail tutorials that require some serious time, effort, and skill to pull off. I don’t know about you – but I don’t have an hour to draw an intricate Christmas tree on every single one of my nails! So we chose this one for you. It’s not only quick and easy, but it’s really cute, too! You’re sure to have people commenting left and right
1. Simply start with a white coat on each nail. Since white polish tends to be a bit streaky, apply an additional coat once your first layer is completely dry. A great hint for a perfect manicure is to wait until your nails are TOTALLY DRY before applying an additional coat!
2. Once both coats are dry, you can add a coat of white or light blue glitter to give more of a “glistening snow” effect. This step is optional, but it does add a little bit of glitz!
3. Choose a nail for your snowman. It’s best to work with either your middle or ring finger since those nail beds tend to be the largest. With a toothpick, dip the tip into black nail polish. Gently tap onto the nail to create two circles for eyes. Pick up more polish and repeat the same process to make the mouth. Ensure that your toothpick tip is coated, but not dripping. Too big of a glob will spread once the toothpick touches the surface of your nail.
4. Once your eyes and mouth are dry, flip your toothpick around and dip the dry end into orange polish. Create a long stripe for the nose by gentle sweeping your toothpick across the center of your nail. Carefully “thicken” the end of the stripe to make it look more like a carrot by applying another coat of orange once dry.
5. Once your nose, mouth, and eyes are totally dry – top things off with clear coat and you’re ready to roll! Happy Holidays, ladies!
Well it’s officially December, ladies! The holidays have certainly snuck up on us and before we know it, Santa will be sliding his way down the chimney once again. Pretty crazy!
But with the holidays right around the bend, it means more than just Santa. It means parties – lots of them. I personally love getting dressed up for holiday parties because it gives me a great excuse to wear lots of sparkle But besides glitter and heels and sassy accessories – a girl has one more thing to worry about: her hair! Your outfit really isn’t complete without a great hairstyle, let’s be honest here. If you’re rocking an adorable cocktail dress and your mane looks a mess.. that is simply just not okay.
So I’ve dug up a few really quick and easy hairstyles that are great for any holiday party you’re attending. Wear them with a casual outfit or something dressier. There’s never an inappropriate situation for fantastic hair – I can assure you of that!
These adorable, loose curls are really easy to achieve and SURPRISE! You actually create them with a straightener! Simply clamp 1″-2″ sections of hair with a skinny straightening iron (about 1″ should work) and twist upward like a curling iron. Keep your iron clamped as you pull through the strand, releasing it from the iron. Hit your finished curls with a light mist of hairspray and you’re ready to roll! If you’d like tighter curls, simply use smaller pieces of hair. The larger the chunk, the wavier the look. This is perfect for holiday parties since the weather is cooler and an updo may leave you chilly! And who doesn’t love a nice head of curls? Perfect!
A low ponytail is extremely in-style right now and they’re really quick and easy to create. Simply gather hair at the base of your neck and gently work to one side. Secure close to your head and neck with a clear hair tie and loosely curl the ends for a more polished look. If you want to up the ante – tease your roots at your crown to create a bit of a “pouf”, as well as add some volume. Adding a festive bow or flower to the area where your hair is gathered is also great for a sweet holiday look!
Our final suggestion is also our favorite! This adorable half up and half down look can be done with any texture hair – so if you prefer to straighten, you can still pull this one off. Leaving your bangs out, pull back a 2″-3″ section of hair from each side and secure in the back with bobby pins. No hair tie is necessary since you want this to have a looser, more romantic feel. Add a sprig of holly, mistletoe, or any other festive leaf/flower by securing it into one of the pulled back portions with a bobby pin. So cute and fun!
How will you be wearing your hair this holiday season?