Well ladies, can you believe that we’re just a little less than a week away from Halloween? Personally, my mind is still somewhere in mid-August. I simply cannot believe how quickly this year has flown by! But regardless, I’m in love with Halloween – always have been and always will be. There is something so magical and cozy about this time of year.
I don’t think you’re ever “too old” to dress up for the holiday. I still put a lot of thought and effort into my costume and I am well into my 20′s! Whether you’re going to a party or simply handing out candy at home, there’s nothing wrong with throwing on a costume to celebrate. But let’s admit it, those little buggers can be expensive! And if you don’t have a lot of breathing room in your budget, you may be scrambling for ideas.
But have no fear! We have some great ideas for you that definitely won’t break the bank. And as an added bonus, you’ll look adorable, too
1. Minnie Mouse: being everyone’s favorite cartoon mouse is really quite simple, and chances are you have most of the necessities right in your closet! A simple red and white polka dot dress will make up the bulk of your outfit. Pair with a simple set of mouse ears (inexpensive at any party/costume store) and a pair of yellow flats and you’re all set! Up the ante and draw on a black mouse nose with eyeliner, too.
2. “Little Black Dress” Witch: looking to get some extra use out of your go-to “little black dress”? Why not transform yourself into a sexy witch this Halloween? Pair that perfect dress with a cape and a witch’s hat and the bulk of your costume is complete. Rock a sexy smokey eye and a passionate red pout and you’ll be the cutest “witch” in town! Who knew being evil could look so good?
3. Scooby’s Leading Ladies: whether you’re on the timid side or more of a flirt, either Velma or Daphne are perfect costume choices! And even better – they’re super easy! For Velma, a pair of thick rimmed glasses are a must. Wear them with an orange sweater and red pleated skirt and you’re good to go! For Daphne? All you’ll need is a retro style purple dress and a green scarf around your neck. Top it off with a thick, pink headband and you’re all set!
4. Holly GoLightly: were you a fan of our Audrey Hepburn post? Then why not go as her most famous character, Holly GoLightly, for Halloween? Simply rock that ‘go-to little black dress’ with a pair of oversized sunglasses, pearls, and white gloves. It couldn’t be easier and you just may have everything right in your closet already!
5. Put Your Cosmetic Skills to the Test: If you aren’t really interested in putting together a whole ensemble, you can easily create a Halloween-style look with the tools in your makeup kit. Experiment with elements like black and brown eye shadow to create sunken eyes and cheeks. Red lipstick and black eyeliner can create “scars” and “cuts” with a little bit of creativity. Even when paired with regular clothes, hauntingly spooky makeup can take your look to the perfect Halloween level.
So there you go, fashionistas! Five great ideas to get you started. So stop mulling over what to be and get started on that costume! Put your own creative spin on things and truly make it your own. Let us know how you’ll be celebrating this year in the comments below! In the meantime, you can also use some of these awesome celebrity costumes as inspiration, too! These are some of our favorites:
Happy Haunting! xo